Caravanning 4U

Caravanning 4U (http://www.caravanning4u.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Tow Cars (http://www.caravanning4u.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Kia has competition. (http://www.caravanning4u.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=17020)

expat1 6th August 2010 09:48 PM

Kia has competition.

Vauxhall offers lifetime warranty

Vauxhall has announced it will offer a lifetime warranty on all its new cars in the UK.

The groundbreaking move won't please Kia, which has been the market leader with a seven-year warranty on all of its new cars for several years. Most new cars come with a three-year warranty, though some companies offer five.

Every new Vauxhall registered from August 1st 2010 will be covered. However, the warranty is limited to 100,000 miles (the same limit as Kia's) and at present is only valid for the first owner of the car. "At the moment we're working on a program that will transfer the warranty to the second owner of the car, but currently that's a work in progress, Vauxhall's Debbie Shields told Yahoo! Cars.

The warranty covers the engine, steering system, braking system and electrics. As with any other policy, normal wear and tear isn't covered.

Despite the mileage limitation, the 'lifetime guarantee' line will prove quite a marketing coup for Vauxhall. The company has just launched a new Meriva MPV (pictured) and is rumoured to be launching the three-door Astra at the Paris Motor Show in September.

challenger 6th August 2010 10:02 PM

Whose lifetime? The owner?
How can you offer a lifetime guarantee on a car? Kia's guarantee isn't all it sounds either.
Sprat to catch a mackerel me thinks!

ellieh12 6th August 2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by challenger (Post 135747)
How can you offer a lifetime guarantee on a car? Kia's guarantee isn't all it sounds either.

As it says in the post, 100,000 miles and at present is limited to the first owner but Vauxhall are looking into transferring it to the second owner.
Posted via Mobile Device

expat1 6th August 2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Since they are working on transfer of waranty to second owner I would sumise they mean the lifetime of the car.

Quote:

How can you offer a lifetime guarantee on a car?

As long as the car is not written off or scrapped then why not?

Quote:

Kia's guarantee isn't all it sounds either.

Yep have to agree there. Small print is wonderful isn't it?

Quote:

That's what they intermate in the final paragraph as I read it. It's mainly as a selling point just like the KIA warranty.