Caravanning 4U

Caravanning 4U (http://www.caravanning4u.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The Plough (http://www.caravanning4u.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Quiet on here today (http://www.caravanning4u.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=27618)

KerryS 30th November 2012 06:16 PM

Quiet on here today

Is it the weather or what?

I'll start a contentious thread.....

The Levinson report
Now all I know about this are the sound bites on the news but to me, it's all the wrong way round. It's the stupid gullible folks who buy the wretched newspapers and want all the gory details of other people's lives. If it was splashed all over the papers that John who's engaged to Jane was actually having relationships with David they'd be first to complain. I do not buy any newspapers as if there's anything in them I actually know about, it's usually wrong.
Having said that, things like the MP's expenses furore was certainly worth bringing out into the public domain

So there we are, debate that...I'm off to open a bottle of Shiraz :):):)

mixerman 30th November 2012 08:11 PM

Haven't bought a newspaper for 35 years. I'm dead against the power they have to destroy people and sometimes even to drive people to kill themselves. Their power means they can print what they like and hound who they want.

Not that I'm biased!

phill 30th November 2012 08:21 PM

I buy one every day at work to just to who is the latest person on the fiddle MP's Bankers whoever
But just occasionally get a true story and of course to read the sports pages about the best team Stoke City :)

Landy 30th November 2012 09:29 PM

Only buy a Saturday paper to get the TV listings, can't be bothered what is going on in other peoples lives I'm only interested in me, my family and friends.
Although if it wasn't for the papers initially we woud not know about the MP's expense fiddles as the TV media appears to wrapped up in the political parties pockets. :sofa:

dsolds 30th November 2012 09:50 PM

The unspeakable writing the unbelievable. Newspapers are really only the written version of "Jeremy Kyle" on the TV.

And it took how many millions of public money to come to that rather obvious set of conclusions?

Landy 30th November 2012 10:56 PM

Millions wasted for the vanity of politicians and the not so famous with a few exceptions and it looks as though it will all be for nothing. In these days of austerity it could have been spent so much better.

Rikijohn 1st December 2012 10:22 AM

Do buy a paper a day ( South Island Paper) and only read what I want to read. Deaths, Motoring news and business news. Letters to the editor No way. very selective what I read and what I want to believe.

Surfer01 1st December 2012 11:22 AM

We never buy the paper except occasionally the local rag where news is related to local stuff. Even the news on TV is twisted to suit some political agenda and then becomes unbelievable.

Juan Saponatime 1st December 2012 11:38 AM

We never buy a newspaper preferring instead to read one online.
The easiest to get are The Daily Mail and the Telegraph.......both free and able to keep us occupied for an hour every morning.
:)
J.

shipbroker 1st December 2012 09:55 PM

I buy two Nationals and one local every day and only ever watch local news on TV..........

geoff