Unread 14th June 2015   #5
Abbeyman
Camping God

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 500
Garage
My Mood
Fine

Hi Pete; you should be able to remove and relocate the post; even if you have a concrete pad that the caravan sits on.
I did it when i bought our Abbey, our previous caravan was 17ft long and the new one 2.5" short of 23ft, plus i had to allow a couple of feet to be able to walk around it.

I dug mine up, and managed to lever the socket for the post out, enough to get rid of the concrete. I get the socket out by putting a big board in front of a window, and just whacking it with a BIG 'ammer! The concrete broke up and i got the socket out and relocated it at least 6ft forwards. I broke up the concrete a bit more, leaving it where it was, and used it to help fill the hole, i also used some rubble from the new hole to top it up before renewing the surface of the drive. Because my drive is mono block, i made a bigger concrete plug, that couldn't be moved easily.

It can be done; its just hard work!

Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness theyre going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. Its hard to be a friend to someone whos depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.
(quote by Stephen Fry).
Abbeyman is offline Top