Unread 14th June 2015   #8
Abbeyman
Camping God

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 500
Garage
My Mood
Fine

I see what you mean now! good; towing hitch out of site and locked down.
I have mine on a Bulldog removable post, 1.5m of 3"hardened steel tube, and a big lug wot locates in a slot in the socket in the ground; and a tow ball on top. The tow ball sits on a plate welded to the top of the tube, and i had to cut two sides away so that my Al-ko 3004 hitch could fit; the two big round pivots for the stabiliser arm protrude down at each side, and all the way round, but the metal plate was stopping it from hitching to the tow ball.

Once the hitch is on and locked, the post cant be moved or even rotated. I also have an SAS (safe and secure products, Bristol) wheel clamp locked to the rim of the caravan wheel, and a corner steady, leg lock at the rear of the caravan. We have lights and proximity sensors as well as a camera or two looking out onto the area! Ours sits pointing outwards, its too much carry on to have it the other way.

Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.”
(quote by Stephen Fry).
Abbeyman is offline Top