Go Back   Caravanning 4U > C4U Members Hangout > The Plough

Notices

The Plough Named after Eric's pub, The Plough is the main chat area where you can discuss every day topics. C4U's very own boozer!

Unread 17th April 2018   #1
harrym1byt
Ultimate Camper

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 30
My Mood
Yeehaw

WANTED - CH Actuator Sunvic SDM1901

I hope this is allowed, a wanted?.... I am on the scrounge please!

A couple of weeks ago I decided to replace my boiler at home, my ten year old fairly modern one had suffered another failure. I had already chucked a bit of money at it, without solving the fault, so I decided to cut my losses and get a new one fitted. Its an open vented system, with stored HW which uses a 3 port valve and actuator to divert to CH or HW heating, or both.

Since my heating system was installed some 35 years ago, the most regular heating failure (sometimes every 18 months) has been the spring return SD2701 actuator head - the motor can be called upon to run constantly against the spring. As they failed so frequently, I habitually kept a spare unit in stock and often repaired up the failed units. A bit of research suggested that an SDM1901 actuator, which doesn't use a spring, was much more reliable, so I swapped my system over to using one of these, last week, after the new boiler was fitted.

Swapping between the two types wasn't that easy, a matter of draining down and swapping the actual 3 port valve in a tight space. So my idea is to at least have one spare working SDM1901 to hand.

Having become somewhat paranoid about failing actuators, I would like to keep a spare SDM1901 to hand, so if anyone might happen to have one they have removed, or which has failed please?

If any of you CH engineers might happen to remove one, whilst swapping to perhaps a combi system...

So I am now looking for some surplus to needs Sunvic SDM 1901 heads, faulty or working, to repair up as spares please. Obviously I don't want any seriously water damaged, or blasted ones. Happy to pay postage, plus a couple of beer tokens.

harrym1byt is offline Top