Go Back   Caravanning 4U > General Caravanning & Camping Information > Caravanning Top Tips

Notices

Caravanning Top Tips Great ideas from other caravanners and members with motorhomes & campers.

Unread 24th August 2007   #1
CaravanMatt
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 246
Air Locked Pipes...

This probably wotn be much help but i read somewhere that to avoid airlocked pipes whent he caravan is sitting storred then the taps should be left open so the air can get through. I went into the caravan and opened the taps when i heard and i got an awfull air noise so it muct work....

Matt 8)
Parents:
Ford Galaxy 2.2TDCi Titanium
Bailey Senator S4 Oklahoma
CaravanMatt is offline Top  
Unread 3rd September 2007   #2
Rikijohn
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (Total): 1,119
My Mood
Happy

Yes I read simular also but I understand a key reason for having taps on is to allow any water left in the lines to expand freely when frozen and therfor prevent a burts pipe. ?? I guess you will have water in the pipes due to the position of the pump in the aqua roll because it sucks the water from the aqua roll so once empty the pump can't empty the pipes. ? Is my thinking right??John :?
Rikijohn is offline Top  
Unread 3rd September 2007   #3
ggmad
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (Total): 470
My Mood
Happy

We discovered you can get air locked pipes when Lisa got her first shower in the new caravan :roll: The people who had it before us had kindly supplied us with waste pipes, only there were the full length of the caravan :shock: Didn't think anything of it, just plugged into water outlet, then ran it to wastemaster at the far end of the caravan. EEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! When I walked into the caravan I found all this water flooding the inside :? She hadn't noticed the water wasn't draining out :? As soon as I removed the outlet pipe it poured out.

Then began the job of mopping up and drying out the caravan. Luckily I'd already removed the middle carpet section, which was the worst hit, then I borrowed Big Ed's genny and had the hot air blowing for a couple of hours, plus a 500w hairdryer inside the wardrobe.

All dried out eventually, and fixed with a big knife and shortened waste pipe. Got loads to spare now too :P