Go Back   Caravanning 4U > C4U Members Hangout > The Plough

Notices

The Plough Named after Eric's pub, The Plough is the main chat area where you can discuss every day topics. C4U's very own boozer!

Unread 1st December 2012   #11
Graham (Ponty)
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 620
Garage
My Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipbroker View Post
I buy two Nationals and one local every day and only ever watch local news on TV..........

geoff
So your the one Having worked in the news paper industry for a large number of years I can fully understand where your all coming from. News papers were a good read up until around 10/12 years ago then it all started to go wrong. The Internet is a major factor in all this as people tend to go online for the news these days. What we found also was the fact that the older people who were brought up with news papers are dying off, the younger generation are not interested in news papers. We did a survey a number of years ago and found different categories of people bought the paper for different reasons, middle aged 30 to 55 for sport and news, the older generation for news and to see who had died.

When I started a journalist would go out looking for a story, he'd go in a cafe or a pub and talk to people, not these days you ask a reporter to come out with you and they look at you stupid. Everything is done at the desk on the phone even re writing stories from the fax machine you would not believe it now. Part of the papers I worked for would sell over 1000,000 copies a week they are down to around 30000 copies these days. I don't buy news papers myself these days as I think they are full of rubbish as well and that's coming from a former press photographer. I'm just glad I out of it now, it won't be long before you won't see a news paper anymore that's how bad it's going.

----------------------------

2006 Land Rover Freelander TD4
2006 Willerby Richmond Mk3 Static

Graham (Ponty) is offline Top  
Unread 1st December 2012   #12
Andy G
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 107
My Mood
Breezy

tbh i buy a paper once i very blue moon, maybe when i am away or a passenger in a car or van. Now i have mobile internet i can see me not even doing this anymore as i can get news via the bbc or some other site while on the go for free, so no real need to pay for yesterdays news.

Followed by an Eldiss Avente 566 2012

If i have been of any help then please feel free to hit the thanks button - any thanks is gratefully received!

Andy G is offline Top