Go Back   Caravanning 4U > C4U Members Hangout > The Plough

Notices

The Plough Named after Eric's pub, The Plough is the main chat area where you can discuss every day topics. C4U's very own boozer!

Unread 18th June 2015   #1
Abbeyman
Camping God

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 500
Garage
My Mood
Fine

holiday cancelled.

Cancelled my holiday today; the weather forecast is to be pretty rough weather for the foreseeable future, especially next week when we were supposed to have been away with the caravan, no point sitting 30 miles away in the rain, in a caravan, when we can sit at home.
Seriously thinking of selling up; the weather in this country doesn't lend itself to caravanner's. Besides, i have lost all interest in it now. I'll tidy it up and maintain it but with a view to selling it. I very much doubt I'll ever afford another caravan again. I am surplus to requirements, and so is the caravan. I'm leaving it all to the wife, she can use the cash to put the house on the market or pay the mortgage, whatever she wishes. i wont be around to know.
We havent used the caravan now for a year or two, so what's the point keeping it ? I had hoped to use it next week, thats why i was working on it, but the weather here is to be pretty poor for the next week or two. I won't go in that weather. I'm afraid the novelty has worn off, and my interest in it is gone. My health isnt helping either, my wife cant cope with me and my bouts of deep depression, i spoke to my doctor about it but they're not keen to change my meds. Its probably best that I go. Where? i dont know. i'm only packing a few clothes, no phone or anything. so long folks.

Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.”
(quote by Stephen Fry).
Abbeyman is offline Top  
Unread 19th June 2015   #2
Angie girl
Hall Of Famer

Thanks (Total): 152
My Mood
Cool

Mark sorry u are down at the mo. Always thinking of u xx
Unread 20th June 2015   #3
Pitfour

Thanks (Total): 0
Sorry to read your post.

There's an old saying "never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his boots" and although I would not judge you, no one else can know what you are going through.

I hope no matter what way you decide to go it works out for you.
Unread 20th June 2015   #4
Petemate
Elite Camper

Thanks (Total): 69
Garage
My Mood
Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitfour View Post
Sorry to read your post.

There's an old saying "never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his boots" and although I would not judge you, no one else can know what you are going through.

I hope no matter what way you decide to go it works out for you.
+1 from me. Here's hoping that you can sort it all out for the best.
Pete
Petemate is offline Top  
Unread 20th June 2015   #5
Angie girl
Hall Of Famer

My Mood
Cool

Mark hope u are ok today xx i see u have deleted all friends from yr fbook page...people really do care u know and to use fbook to ask how u r is a good idea...i am sorry u feel u have to take everyone off..it us yr choice ofcourse...but maybe keeping friends online is a good thing really...

Chris x
Unread 21st June 2015   #6
bobsbabes
Camping Addict

Thanks (Total): 11
sending love and hugs xxx
bobsbabes is offline Top  
Unread 21st June 2015   #7
Jim_UK
Hall Of Famer

Thanks (Total): 263
My Mood
Cheeky

Weather goes in cycles. Look after the van, don't sell it. Things will start to look rosier and then you would regret it. I went through a period of depression _ no medication as I believe that some only make things worse and you become dependant on them. I am addicted to Tramadol having been on maximum dosage for years for arthritis in all load bearing joints. What got me through the low points was knowing that no matter my problems I was really quite lucky compared to many. Sometimes you just have to give yourself a good talking to Mark.
You have lots of friends on here to talk to and help with many understanding something of what you are going through. Don't throw that away.

Jim

The truth is out there!
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it.
Jim_UK is offline Top  
Unread 25th June 2015   #8
Angie girl
Hall Of Famer

My Mood
Cool

I do hope Mark is o.k.

Can I ask the Management please...I am assuming that Mark hasn't been banned from c4U main site or fbook site ? Has he ? He is stating on his fbook page that he has been banned..now I know he is an unhappy bunny at the mo re cancelling his hols..but this is only making things worse...He may look around on here not sure..

He has always given us lots of good info on here and it is a shame to lose someone like that....can someone please just confirm for me that he is free to come on here anytime he wishes...Thanks so much..Chris..
Unread 25th June 2015   #9
Katharita
Camping Addict

Thanks (Total): 32
According to his profile Mark looked in 3 days ago
Unread 25th June 2015   #10
Angie girl
Hall Of Famer

My Mood
Cool

Katherita Hi...yep he probably did have a snoop around..but he is still saying he is banned from here...and I just wanted someone to clarify for me that he isn't really..

Chris x