Go Back   Caravanning 4U > General Caravanning & Camping Information > Eric's Caravanning General Q & A

Notices

Eric's Caravanning General Q & A If you have a general Caravanning question that you can't find the correct section for post it in here. This forum is dedicated to our late friend and founder member of C4u - Eric.

Unread 8th July 2009   #1
Charlie
C4U Tech Support

Thanks (For This Post): 1
Thanks (Total): 151
My Mood
Yeehaw

Talking Rules: Please Read Before You Post !

This section is setup as an easy place to post a caravanning question if you can't find the correct section or if you are new here. Please make sure all posts are given a clear title so they are easy to search for and understand and can also be clearly viewed by new members who may be looking for the same information.

Thank you and welcome to our late friend Eric's www.caravanning4u.co.uk
IMPORTANT - If you are having trouble with the new forum make a new post in this section describing exactley what your problem or question is and you will be helped. Do not make multiple questions in someone elses post as they will probably get lost - plus doing it this way gives others' the opportunity to find the answer.

http://twitter.com/caravanning4u

Charlie is offline Top  
Who Said Thanks:
merlin22red (12th September 2009)
Unread 4th June 2018   #2
FelixStern

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 0
Elddis wiring diagrams

Does anyone know where one might find a wiring diagram for an ageing Elddis Golden Crown caravan bearing numbers 122 and C37049E (I guess this pre-dates Vin numbers?) It's one of the smallest models - total length about 5m, twin berth.

I've already tried asking Erwin Hymer Group - who wrote me a useless reply claiming that Health and Safety prevents them from suppling wiring diagrams. We unfortunately seem to be living in a society where everyone is scared witless to supply any information (or likes to claim that they are, to spare themselves any inconvenience). In UK, if your house gets broken into, the police won't even tell you who admits to having done it! I speak from experience .....

James
FelixStern is offline Top  
Unread 4th June 2018   #3
Rikijohn
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (Total): 1,114
My Mood
Happy

Have you done a Google or Youtube search? Other than that someone on here may be able to assist.
Rikijohn is online now Top  
Unread 10th June 2018   #4
carabiker
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (For This Post): 1
Thanks (Total): 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixStern View Post
Does anyone know where one might find a wiring diagram for an ageing Elddis Golden Crown caravan bearing numbers 122 and C37049E (I guess this pre-dates Vin numbers)? It's one of the smallest models - total length about 5m, twin berth.

I've already tried asking Erwin Hymer Group - who wrote me a useless reply claiming that Health and Safety prevents them from supply wiring diagrams. We unfortunately seem to be living in a society where everyone is scared witless to supply any information (or likes to claim that they are, to spare themselves any inconvenience). In UK, if your house gets broken into, the police won't even tell you who admits to having done it! I speak from experience .....

James
Hi James

Sorry for not repling sooner I have been on Hols

if you can dsicibe the problem I my be able to help vans of that age tend to have basic wiring systen

Cab you tell us the name of the control panel any fitted equipment room heater / water heater etc

Dave
Skype name ;-david.rose_m31
Adventure before dementia
carabiker is offline Top  
Who Said Thanks:
doolz (11th June 2018)
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #5
FelixStern

Elddis wiring diagram

Hello Dave

Thanks for your reply.

No very specific problems at the moment (except for a non-working extractor fan) - I was just thinking that it might be useful to have a wiring diagram for it - in general the van looks as though it could do with some tlc, and it's entirely possible that some other items may not be functional. I haven't tested everything yet.

I think it dates from 1988 - it has a Morco charger/converter type MP5, a Cascade 2 water heater, and a Carver Crystal water system and an Electrolux RM212F 3-way fridge if that helps to identify.

Regards

James
Unread 3 Weeks Ago   #6
carabiker
C4U Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixStern View Post
Hello Dave

Thanks for your reply.

No very specific problems at the moment (except for a non-working extractor fan) - I was just thinking that it might be useful to have a wiring diagram for it - in general the van looks as though it could do with some tlc, and it's entirely possible that some other items may not be functional. I haven't tested everything yet.

I think it dates from 1988 - it has a Morco charger/converter type MP5, a Cascade 2 water heater, and a Carver Crystal water system and an Electrolux RM212F 3-way fridge if that helps to identify.

Regards

James
Hi

Cascade water heater and carver down loads from Gary at www.arcsystems.biz/

Zig and early control panels from
http://www.freewebs.com/12voltsdc/

For hand books email the manufacture or try the owners club:- quote chassis number and all other info

Some info on caravan spec's https://www.gocaravanning.com/carava...avan-Data.html

Re the fridge there should be a model and serieal number on a lable in side the fridge
carabiker is offline Top  
Unread 2 Weeks Ago   #7
FelixStern

Thanks for your reply and links - looks as though the Cascade 2 may have a dodgy flue judging by content on arcsystems. Wiring diagram for the whole van still elusive though ....

James
Unread 2 Weeks Ago   #8
carabiker
C4U Super Mod

Hi James re the year appliances ie water heater / room heater often have the manufacters date / year on a lable so the equip will be fiited that or plus 6 months / 1 year

as to the wiring diagram vans of that aprox year where pritty basic

if you know the make / model of the control panel then with the correct hand book for that model the in coming wires and out going can be determined

not sure if any 240 volt elec system will be installed

as for the year pre 92 all van manufctures used their own numbering system for the van ranges

the chassis say b&b or Alko will have a number stamped on the frame under the front fairing or on the axel cross tube

Dave
carabiker is offline Top