Go Back   Caravanning 4U > C4U Members Hangout > The Plough

Notices

The Plough Named after Eric's pub, The Plough is the main chat area where you can discuss every day topics. C4U's very own boozer!

Unread 20th November 2015   #1
phill
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 1,288
Garage
My Mood
Relaxed

Caravans And Motorhome Of some of The Rich And Famous

Celebrities – they’re just like you and me. They may have millions in the bank and an incredibly enviable lifestyle. They may have jobs that seem infinitely more exciting than a 9 to 5 in the office but, underneath it all, they’re just people. We’ve all seen and read interviews where a celeb claims to be “just a normal person” before checking their Rolex, speaking to their assistant and heading off in a chauffeur-driven luxury car, but you may have more in common with your favourite celebrity than you thought.

How? We hear you ask.

Well, quite a few of the rich and famous A list are as enthusiastic about caravans and motorhomes as we are. They may not appear in a beaten-up, rather well-loved caravan in a budget pitch for a random weekend away, but who knows? They might!

If nothing else, you absolutely must see the video of Will Smith’s astoundingly extravagant “trailer”.

Celebrities who love their caravans and motorhomes

Nell McAndrew – Model, TV presenter and keen marathoner, Nell McAndrew, not only loves caravan holidays, she’s a fully paid-up member of the Caravan Club. In a statement published on her website, Nell said “I am very proud to say I am now a member of the Caravan Club! I am looking forward to trying out some of the 200 sites available in the UK and around Europe.” Keep an eye out for her on your next trip!

Dame Kelly Holmes – Sticking to the running theme, Olympian and gold medallist, Dame Kelly Holmes, not only opened the 2007 Caravan & Motorhome Show, but also reportedly regularly holidays in a luxury static caravan somewhere in the South East. Have you spotted her on your travels?

Melinda Messenger – Aside from being a keen caravanner herself, Melinda Messenger undertook a mission to foil a rogue caravan dealer on her TV show, Cowboy Traders. The 2013 episode cannot be viewed on the Channel 5 website anymore, but more information can be found here.

Rowland Rivron – Given that his wife, Monica, has written a book called the Caravan Cookbook, it doesn’t come as much of a surprise to find Rowland Rivron on this list. With more than a decade’s caravanning experience under their belts, the Rivron family share some of their culinary favourites in the book, which is perfect for your holiday collection.

Dame Helen Mirren – We did say there were some A-listers on our list of celebrity caravanners, and they don’t come much more A-list than Dame Helen Mirren. According to the Caravan Club (of course, she is a member), Dame Helen likes to escape in her motorhome for some downtime and relaxation with family and friends. A little birdie told us she’s been camping with Liam Neeson too.

Jamie Oliver – Fans of this celebrity chef will have seen him travelling in his campervan while filming his various TV series. While not strictly a caravan, we think the VW qualifies him for a spot on our list.

Will Smith – We won’t tease you any longer. Have a look at this video of Will Smith’s trailer and raise your caravan dreams up a notch or two. It’s less cheap-holiday-by-the-sea and more two storey mansion of magnificence. If we had a spare few million, this is what our caravan would look like too! Kevin Hart and Mariah Carey have also used similar models.

Prince Charles and Princess Anne – They may not make a habit of holidaying in caravans but they are caravan owners. This Rollalong caravan was presented to the young Royals in 1955. Did you know the Duke of Edinburgh is patron of the Caravan Club? The caravan is part of an exhibition at the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu, Hampshire.

Matt LeBlanc – We have it on good authority that Matt LeBlanc, best known for playing Joey in Friends, is a fan of a caravan holiday and was, in fact, even spotted buying a tent and related equipment in LA in 2012.

Simon Cowell – Perhaps more in line with the motorhomes of Will Smith and Kevin Hart than with our own caravans is the £1.3 million tourer owned by X-Factor boss, Simon Cowell. In fact, the trailer was made by the same people who produced Will Smith’s home-from-home, Andersen Estates. We could easily get used to a two-storey motorhome with 100 inch cinema screen and marble flooring!

Gary Numan – In a 2013 interview with Quietus, Gary Numan revealed that he celebrated his first success with a break in a static caravan in “Weymouth, Littlesea Holiday Camp, I used to go there with my mum and dad. When I had a little bit of success, I thought I’d go and rent one of the big caravans at the top of the hill, because I thought that’s what you did. Simon Le Bon’s going to Montserrat on his yacht and I’m renting a caravan in a little, tiny camp, thinking I was lording it up.”

Lorraine Kelly – Voted “ideal caravan companion” in a poll, Lorraine Kelly is a member of the Caravan Club and regular at various related events and exhibitions. Apparently, Lorraine loves caravanning as it lets you explore and see so much more of your surroundings, and is a fan of the freedom of the open road.

Martin Roberts – star of Homes Under The Hammer and regular columnist in Practical Caravan magazine. Martin and his family have been caravanning for a number of years and can be spotted regularly at sites across the UK.

Warwick Davis – A talented actor who has appeared in blockbuster films such as Star Wars and the Harry Potter series. Unfortunately his Swift Archway was stolen recently in Cambridgeshire and hopefully it will be returned to him soon. Mr Davis has said that he and his family have had many treasured holidays in their caravan.

So there you have it; quite a list of celebrities who are keen caravanners. As well as those who have gone on record enthusing about their hobby, various others are rumoured to have enjoyed a caravan holiday or two. Gwyneth Paltrow, ex-husband Chris Martin, Jay-Z and Beyoncé allegedly holidayed together, Mark Owen of Take That is another Caravan Club member and even Phil Mitchell from EastEnders has been in on the action.

If you are a caravanner, you can see you’re in good company. If you’re still on the fence about ditching the hotels and apartments and enjoying your surroundings, what more encouragement could you want? If Will Smith and Helen Mirren do it, so can you!

If you have ever spotted anyone famous on site, we’d love to hear about it
- See more at: http://www.lifesure.co.uk/blog/2015/....m2wI2V7x.dpuf
phill is offline Top  
Unread 23rd November 2015   #2
Bill Garner
Amateur

Thanks (Total): 5
Phill
Is there a particular reason why you hav left yourself off this list?
Bill Garner is offline Top  
Unread 23rd November 2015   #3
phill
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (Total): 1,288
Garage
My Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Garner View Post
Phill
Is there a particular reason why you hav left yourself off this list?
Didnt like to brag Bill
phill is offline Top