Go Back   Caravanning 4U > General Caravanning & Camping Information > Eric's Caravanning General Q & A

Notices

Eric's Caravanning General Q & A If you have a general Caravanning question that you can't find the correct section for post it in here. This forum is dedicated to our late friend and founder member of C4u - Eric.

Unread 27th June 2010   #1
Darren Holmes

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 0
Thetford Toilet not Flushing

Hi, my first post and my first caravan. I have bought a Abbey Lincoln GT 2 Berth privatly and most things seem to work (after a worring episode with the wrong regulator on the gas bottle) but I cannot seem to get the toilet to flush.

The instructions say to make sure that the 12v TV switch is "on" on the control panel, but there isn't one, I have the electrics switch to van, there is water in the flush tank and i've checked the fuse in the toilet hatch (That was a bugger to get out and in!!)

I'm not very technical or practical and I have now run out of idea's sort of taking it to a dealer to sort £££££ Any suggestions?

Many Thanks
Darren
Darren Holmes is offline Top  
Unread 27th June 2010   #2
Rikijohn
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (Total): 1,129
My Mood
Happy

Hello and welcome. I guess all other 12 volts are working?? If so then I think I would be looking for a wire disconnected. Unlikely to be a blockage in the water lines in think but if there is power to the system then I think that will be the line to check. Sorry can't be more help at present. Others will be along so hang in there. Cheers
Rikijohn is offline Top  
Unread 27th June 2010   #3
Andy G
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (Total): 107
My Mood
Breezy

I havn't got time to find it as my battery is about tp die but if you search for thetford toiets in the search bar you may find some bits as i had to re-wire mine frome the front of the washroom to the rear as they put my wiring under the loo which sits in the shower tray so it all corroded,

hope this is of some help,

andy

Followed by an Eldiss Avente 566 2012

If i have been of any help then please feel free to hit the thanks button - any thanks is gratefully received!

Andy G is offline Top  
Unread 27th June 2010   #4
Chris
Veteran Camper

Thanks (Total): 173
Garage
My Mood
Happy

We have a bellows type flush on our toilet i.e not electric. The bellows is useless, we just have a bottle of water next to the loo to use as a flush.
May be a temporary solution for you until you get sorted.

Chris is offline Top  
Unread 27th June 2010   #5
carson
Camping Master

Thanks (Total): 3
Garage
My Mood
Chatty

We had the same problem on our last caravan we got a mobile caravan man out to look at it and it was an a pipe that carried the water had come loose he fixed it and charged 30 pound. the pipe was inside the toile case
carson is offline Top  
Unread 27th June 2010   #6
Chris
Veteran Camper

Thanks (Total): 173
Garage
My Mood
Happy

repair instructions for Thetford toilets

Chris is offline Top  
Unread 28th June 2010   #7
Darren Holmes

Thanks (Total): 0
Thanks for the replies, will have a look at it later in the week if the weather holds after work or at the weekend,

Cheers
Darren
Darren Holmes is offline Top  
Unread 30th June 2010   #8
Tipton fixer
Camping Addict

Thanks (Total): 18
Hi, assuming you have the electric flush type and not manual in some models the switch that turns on the water pump has to be in the on position to supply power to the thetford pump. With power in the battery and all systems turned on first check fuse in toilet. Do the lights flicker when pressing the flush button on the toilet? if so its usually the pump has siezed and will require new thetford pump. When attempting to flush the toilet the waste tank must be in place. If you can hear the pump buz but no water appears the pipe from the pump to the flush outlet in bowl has become detatched and the pump is circulating the water back into the holding tank. Rest assured you are not alone with this problem best of luck.
Tipton fixer is offline Top