Unread 21st January 2010   #8
Abbeyman
Camping God

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 500
Garage
My Mood
Fine

I use my 18V rechargable drill, and take one battery if i'm only planning on lifting and lowering the steadies once! If i feel its likely that i'll need to lower and raise them a bit more then i take the two batteries and the charger.

Be carefull using a drill to wind the steadies; set the torque so that the drill stops just as the legs reach the ground and start to take weight; if you go too hard at this you risk breaking your caravan floor!
I wind mine down until they are just about to take the weight of the caravan and then the drill stops; i then have my wife following with the hand winder and i set them with that!

Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.”
(quote by Stephen Fry).
Abbeyman is offline Top