Go Back   Caravanning 4U > C4U Members Hangout > The Plough

Notices

The Plough Named after Eric's pub, The Plough is the main chat area where you can discuss every day topics. C4U's very own boozer!

Unread 14th January 2011   #1
KerryS
Hall Of Famer

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 475
Garage
My Mood
Cheerful

Seems all bad news at the moment

What with floods, Netti's caravan, the economy, redundancies, fuel prices and now my friend, whose brother died unexpectedly just before Xmas, has just told me his Dad died suddenly yesterday morning, it's just all bad news lately.

I know the media like to give us bad news but the other stuff is "local".

Feeling a bit

I used to have a Westfield I built, it went to Spain but its back in Blighty now!!

https://www.facebook.com/AidaNarrowboat
KerryS is offline Top  
Unread 14th January 2011   #2
Roving Rangies
Camping God

Thanks (For This Post): 1
Thanks (Total): 499
My Mood
Amused

Kerry,

I know how you feel, its all doom and gloom, but all is not lost!

I can't put things right for you, but you are not alone... I had a right sh*t Christmas a few years back. My Husband ran off with a friend of mine, My boyfriend (now hubby) lost 4 relatives to flu in 3 days starting on Christmas Eve. My son was abducted by his father, I lost my house because my husband (now ex) stopped paying the morgage, My dog and best friend for 14 years had to be put down, I ened up in hosptial cruitically ill after getting Psiticosis, yet I got through it all, and now look back as a bad experience.

Look forward to the summer and all the good times that will bring.

I do feel for you, but I know you will survive... down at heart now, but we all love you here and wish you happiness very soon, you deserve it!
Who Said Thanks:
KerryS (14th January 2011)
Unread 14th January 2011   #3
thedame
Hall Of Famer

Thanks (Total): 372
Garage
My Mood
Fine

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Kerry}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}} Big hugs to you Kerry- things will get better and there is always something to make you smile on here. If you can't bear to post, just lurk and enjoy the banter until you can't keep quiet any more

Mitsubishi Pajero
2008 Swift Charisma 610
thedame is offline Top  
Who Said Thanks:
KerryS (14th January 2011)
Unread 14th January 2011   #4
aland
Ultimate Camper

Thanks (Total): 38
My Mood
Yeehaw

aye mate it is tough, admit I have felt it since november with it being the 1st xmas without mum, but sod it not long until the start of the motorsport season and seeing all my mates again.

not going to give you a hug but have a firm pat on the back and strong handshake
05 Nissan Almera towing a 97 Fleetwood Garland 128/2
Coleman Bedrock 2 for when I cba towing
aland is offline Top  
Unread 14th January 2011   #5
Oldsalt
Elite Camper

Thanks (Total): 71
Garage
My Mood
Cynical

There is plenty of doom and gloom around thats for sure!! Bad luck always seems to afflict other people and never ourselves. I am sorry to hear of the losses suffered by all the folk on my favourite forum. I do not know any of you personally, but we all have one thing in common, we love caravanning. We may pull eachothers leg now and again, so I guess to some degree we are like a family. It would be great to meet up with you guys and gals one day.

My family can at least announce one bright piece of news, my daughter gave birth to my newest grandson on the 5th January. My daughter Amy and grandson James Charles are doing very well, and of course everyone here is very pleased as punch.
I hope a little piece of good news can help balance out the bad???

2016 Kia Sorento KX-4 Auto/2017 Lunar Clubman SB
Oldsalt is offline Top  
Unread 14th January 2011   #6
karenannl

Thanks (Total): 2
My Mood
Happy

2010 was a nightmare for me im hoping 2011 will be better starting to look forward now and not back and hopefully by summer will have my new caravan hopefully you will start to feel a little better soon xxxx
karenannl is offline Top  
Unread 14th January 2011   #7
Craig Melvin
Ultimate Camper

Thanks (Total): 8
It doesnt help when it seems to be raining just before i go off to work every day. plus it s dull!

wheres them lovely bright days?

Craig
Craig Melvin is offline Top  
Unread 15th January 2011   #8
Craig & Sue
Elite Camper

Thanks (Total): 177
Garage
My Mood
Fine

Yes we all get things that really knock us down, some come one after another, others you think its turned the corner, and whack there's something else. And boy it can knock you low. But chin up cos there really is someone else worse.
Everyone here is out helping clean up, take a broom and bucket, find a street, and any house will do. We saw houses today that were 30' under water. Thats putrid sticky mud in everything. Clothes hanging in the wardrobe are brown dripping slop, all your pictures, cupboards full of it. In the roof and walls. The streets are lined with piles of everything. 20,000 homes submerged.
The Mayor of Brisbane put out a call on the tv for volunteers to help clean up. 12,500 turned up.
Others arrived with bbq's to cook snags, bottles of water, all doing their bit. Owners weeping not knowing were to start. Absolutely heartbraking.
I believe there is a balance between joy and all our sorrow,and when you look back bad times you've been through, you got through it, and you got stronger, and you can weigh them up with good times. Maybe I'm just tired and waffling, we've seen enough sh#t today.
Craig & Sue is offline Top  
Unread 15th January 2011   #9
thedame
Hall Of Famer

Thanks (Total): 372
Garage
My Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig & Sue View Post
Yes we all get things that really knock us down, some come one after another, others you think its turned the corner, and whack there's something else. And boy it can knock you low. But chin up cos there really is someone else worse.
Everyone here is out helping clean up, take a broom and bucket, find a street, and any house will do. We saw houses today that were 30' under water. Thats putrid sticky mud in everything. Clothes hanging in the wardrobe are brown dripping slop, all your pictures, cupboards full of it. In the roof and walls. The streets are lined with piles of everything. 20,000 homes submerged.
The Mayor of Brisbane put out a call on the tv for volunteers to help clean up. 12,500 turned up.
Others arrived with bbq's to cook snags, bottles of water, all doing their bit. Owners weeping not knowing were to start. Absolutely heartbraking.
I believe there is a balance between joy and all our sorrow,and when you look back bad times you've been through, you got through it, and you got stronger, and you can weigh them up with good times. Maybe I'm just tired and waffling, we've seen enough sh#t today.
Nice to hear from you again Craig I don't want to highjack Kerry's thread so Mods, feel free to move me somewhere!

I was just looking at the sad pics of the damage and mud to your neighbours homes on the BBC web site but something about the looks on peoples faces, some volunteers, brought a sense of a great feeling of pulling together and determination. There is so much work ahead for everyone and all manner of things come to mind- how many will lose jobs, how soon can transport links be opened, how long before insurance claims can be processed - the list goes on and that is without even thinking about those who are still missing and where and when they will be found. It just makes you want to give up and cry...but you don't give up do you.... you just shed your tears then start again.

Thanks for keeping us up to date and making us grateful for what we do have even when life throws other challenges at us. Get yourself out there into the sun and keep smiling xxx

Mitsubishi Pajero
2008 Swift Charisma 610
thedame is offline Top  
Who Said Thanks:
casstoly (16th January 2011)
Unread 15th January 2011   #10
KerryS
Hall Of Famer

Thanks (Total): 475
Garage
My Mood
Cheerful

I'm sorry about this thread Was feeling a bit down after Netti's pictures/news and my friend's bereavement. Back to normal (>>>??????<<<<<) now.

I suspect the Ozzie character will deal better with what's happened than perhaps we could here.

Craig/Sue - I'd come and help too but it's a little way to come

I used to have a Westfield I built, it went to Spain but its back in Blighty now!!

https://www.facebook.com/AidaNarrowboat
KerryS is offline Top