Go Back   Caravanning 4U > C4U Members Hangout > The Plough

Notices

The Plough Named after Eric's pub, The Plough is the main chat area where you can discuss every day topics. C4U's very own boozer!

Unread 25th July 2011   #21
Surfer01
Camping God

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 466
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie girl View Post
I never really had much to do with her music..but it is so sad really...again Drugs rears its ugly head...I do wish the younger generation would realise..but they don't.

I too am more concerned about what has happened in Norway over the weekend..now that is a real tragedy.

Chris x
Apparently on Facebook or Twitter ther were loads of entries for the alcoholic drug addict who was a singer but not many in comparison for all the young people that died in the Norwegian "holocaust"!

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0l auto chased by a
Buccaneer Cruiser.
Surfer01 is offline Top  
Unread 26th July 2011   #22
Saxy Swinger
Amateur

Thanks (Total): 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer01 View Post
Apparently on Facebook or Twitter ther were loads of entries for the alcoholic drug addict who was a singer but not many in comparison for all the young people that died in the Norwegian "holocaust"!
Don't know about Twitter but on the Facebook thread I've been following there are lots of messages from the Amy Winehouse group who are also remembering the Norway victims and their families as she undoubtedly would have done herself.

It's strange that we choose only to concentrate on what the press tell us - the headlines and embarassing photographs. But let's remember that, just as those kids in Norway were people's sons, daughters, brothers and sisters, so too are drug addicts. There are real people behind the headlines. Yes, they do make a choice of sorts, but without the experience or the wisdom to make it an informed one. By the time the experience and wisdom are there, it's too late. No-one chooses to end up in such a desparate state. That those who do may be weak is surely no fault of their own. I know it's hard to help an addict, especially when they don't appear to want any help. They are stubborn, willful and obstreperous, sometimes violent and sometimes impossible to be around. Condemnation won't help them. The time of day just might.

Cheers

Saxy
Saxy Swinger is offline Top  
Unread 26th July 2011   #23
Rikijohn
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (Total): 1,142
My Mood
Happy

Saxy you have summed up well with your overview and yes I believe you are correct in that so many don't have the choice after they have been hooked so to speak.

We all do and have made mistakes in our life but I think we also need to be very mindful that we will know people or even have members that could be suffering similar concerning issues and maybe through no fault of theirs.

That said lets be very mindful of our comments so we possibly do not offend others.

I am not sure why we should be drawing comparison with the Norway crisis. Lack of comment well what do you say? There are no right words or comments to make any sense out of that shocking situation. I think most people are stunned into silence.

2018 Fiat Ducato Dethleffs Trend T7057 Motorhome

Was a Swift Challenger 4432 caravan and Mazda CX5 Tow car.
Rikijohn is offline Top  
Unread 26th July 2011   #24
Craig Melvin
Ultimate Camper

Thanks (Total): 8
seen drugs in my own family cause problems, You can only do so much to help. In the end you distance yourself to protect your own imediate family.

otherwise its endless problems, main one in our case was theft and being to generous to help.

Very often it must end in tradgegy.

Craig
Craig Melvin is offline Top  
Unread 26th July 2011   #25
Rikijohn
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (Total): 1,142
My Mood
Happy

Sorry to learn that Craig and I am sure you are not alone. Hence I made the comments I did above.

2018 Fiat Ducato Dethleffs Trend T7057 Motorhome

Was a Swift Challenger 4432 caravan and Mazda CX5 Tow car.
Rikijohn is offline Top  
Unread 26th July 2011   #26
Rovers
Camping God

Thanks (Total): 493
My Mood
Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Melvin View Post
seen drugs in my own family cause problems, You can only do so much to help. In the end you distance yourself to protect your own imediate family.

otherwise its endless problems, main one in our case was theft and being to generous to help.

Very often it must end in tradgegy.

Craig

I too lost a battle several years ago to help someone who was very close to me and the feeling of being helpless to change things lasts far longer than you care to admit and the what if's last even longer

LESTER Have kia will travel
Rovers is offline Top  
Unread 27th July 2011   #27
Bob/Kim
Hall Of Famer

Thanks (Total): 70
My Mood
Cool

I have never liked Amy Winehouse, but I am just watched a tribute on MTV and her death is a truly tragic loss

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
Bob/Kim is offline Top