Go Back   Caravanning 4U > C4U Members Hangout > The Plough

Notices

The Plough Named after Eric's pub, The Plough is the main chat area where you can discuss every day topics. C4U's very own boozer!

Unread 17th December 2014   #1
Howard789
Camping Addict

Thanks (For This Post): 0
Thanks (Total): 24
My Mood
Happy

South Wales for 2015 Holiday

We are thinking of our main holiday in South Wales, heard so much about Tenby but never been. Also wonder what surrounding area's have to offer, any info / experiences would be greatly appreciated. There looks to be some nice CL sites in the area, we tend to go for the smaller sites, probably adult only for 2015 too.

Thanks

Pete & Sue

Kia Sorento KX2, Swift Charisma 545
Howard789 is offline Top  
Unread 18th December 2014   #2
harrym1byt
Ultimate Camper

Thanks (Total): 35
My Mood
Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard789 View Post
We are thinking of our main holiday in South Wales, heard so much about Tenby but never been. Also wonder what surrounding area's have to offer, any info / experiences would be greatly appreciated. There looks to be some nice CL sites in the area, we tend to go for the smaller sites, probably adult only for 2015 too.

Thanks

Pete & Sue
We usually go down there each year, for a couple of weeks during school term times. There are lots of sites to choose from, but Tenby is more or less closed to cars and can be difficult to park at peek season. If you can park, its not that difficult to walk around the town centre and some interesting shops, plenty of places to eat.

harrym1byt is offline Top  
Unread 18th December 2014   #3
Graham (Ponty)
C4U Super Mod

Thanks (Total): 620
Garage
My Mood
Relaxed

Hi Pete,

We go to Tenby a few times a year and have done for the last 20 years in fact we have just purchased a static caravan on the site we use regularly (Well Park Caravans) it's not a very big site but offers an excellent base for the surrounding area. 5 minute drive to Saundersfoot which has a large sea front carpark and fantastic beaches.

Tenby is a 3 minute drive from the site but as Harry has said parking can be a problem although there is a large carpark in the town then just a short walk to the centre and beaches. If you have children there are lots of attractions to visit ie Folly farm, you can spend a whole day here and still not see everything and it's also ideal if its raining as it has indoor activities. For the older children there is Oakwood park, about a 20 minute drive from site. This is a large theme park with lots of rides. Then there is Anna's Welsh Zoo (owned by TV's Anna Ryder Richardson) again lots to see and do. Blue Lagoon is a fantastic water park again with lots to do.

Well Park Caravans is a lovely well kept site offering fully serviced pitches and standard pitches. It has a small club house on site and a modern shower block. There is a large villege shop at New Hedges as well as a restaurant/bar. Just up the road from site 3 minute walk there is a mobile fish & chip shop, the fish and chips are the best I have tasted in a long time. Just across the carpark from the chip shop is a pub which serves excellent meals and has a small play area for the kids.

If there's anything else you need to know just give me a shout.

http://www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk/

http://www.annaswelshzoo.co.uk/

http://www.folly-farm.co.uk/

http://www.bluelagoonwales.com/

HTH

Graham

----------------------------

2006 Land Rover Freelander TD4
2006 Willerby Richmond Mk3 Static

Graham (Ponty) is offline Top  
Unread 18th December 2014   #4
mitie 1
Veteran Camper

Thanks (Total): 152
hi if you go to tenby you must go to haverford west and go to st davids the scenery is great you are better to park your car just outside tenby and walk in its a nice little town cheers merry xmas .tom
mitie 1 is offline Top  
Unread 19th December 2014   #5
JaG
Ultimate Camper

Thanks (Total): 64
Garage
My Mood
Breezy

Pending Sands has a 5 van site right opposite the beach. We have stayed there often up until about 10 years ago. It was owned by the Post Office just around the corner. Also not far from Tenby.

2013 Vauxhall Antara SE Nav 2.2TDi 184bhp
tugging 2011 Adria Adora 612DP
JaG is offline Top  
Unread 20th December 2014   #6
Howard789
Camping Addict

Thanks (Total): 24
My Mood
Happy

Very helpful information from you all, thanks very much. I have heard so much about Tenby so we must go to have a look. No kiddies in tow so thats why we would probably go to the smaller site. Thanks again & a Merry Christmas to you all & happy vanning for 2015

Kia Sorento KX2, Swift Charisma 545
Howard789 is offline Top